One of my colleagues is really passionate about insurance (I know, you're probably thinking "Who isn't passionate about insurance?!")
He presented me with a product idea and asked for a few key screens and creative direction. Mainstay is an unrivaled enterprise cyber insurance platform protecting companies by empowering employees through education and live-support 24/7, 365.
How it works
1. Companies become insured
2. Employees download the app
3. Employees access live Support and Educational tools are 1 button away
4. Company security administrators have access to a dashboard of all incidents and employee training progress
- Small and medium businesses are the #1 target of cyber attacks (61% of data breaches hit smaller businesses)
- 7 of 10 are not prepared for cyber threats
- Cyber attacks cost small businesses between $84,000 and $148,000.
- Majority of Cyber incidents go unreported: In 2016, there were 82,000 reported incidents, while experts estimate that there were actually over 250,000 worldwide
-- 60% of small businesses go out of business within six months of an attack.
-- 90% of small business don’t use any data protection at all for company and customer information.
- 91% of all cyber attacks are via email
- Informed employees will lead to action.
- [Product Name’s] live support will triage any incident, allowing for employees to take immediate action and mitigating further risk.
- Catch security breaches before they escalate.
The #1 reason why incidents are not reported is employees' embarassment. This product has to be simple and comfortable for users to report incidents.
I asked for feedback early and often during the branding discovery. We were looking to stand out from the typical "blue tech security" look, while also invoking some playfulness to tease the gamified features that we wanted to incorporate into the product.
The first couple of screens I thought would be most important to highlight in concept designs were the help screen and a screen that showed the powerful gamification that could be implemented in the employee experience.
From here, I was able to blow out a 1-pager for my colleague to show to his friends and get the conversation started on what this product could become...